Because Everyone Deserves To Live In A Safe And Healthy Home
We make it easy to give by accepting payment via check, credit card, or Pay Pal. In addition to financial contributions, you can also donate stock, vehicles, and, if available, matching funds from your employer, or via donor-advised funds.
How To Help
Corporate Matching Gifts
If your company participates in our matching gifts program, you can double your impact. Gifts may be matched dollar for dollar, and volunteer efforts may be monetarily matched as well. Contact your Human Resources professional for more information and to obtain an application. You can also complete this form and mail it with your donation to:
841 Kaynyne St.
Redwood City, CA 94063
If you wish to donate securities, we ask that you, your broker, or your banking institution contact us with information about the stock you’ll be donating and when you expect to make the gift.
To request a stock transfer from your broker, we suggest using the following language:
“Please transfer from my account (insert your name and account number here), (number of shares) of (name & symbol of stock).
To: Rebuilding Together Peninsula Account # MP 2319-4939, DTC Number 0164, Code 40, Charles Schwab & Co., PO Box 52114, Phoenix, AZ 85114, Attention Cashiering, Telephone: 650.614.2000.
(your name and signature here)”
Rebuilding Together Peninsula Tax ID # 94-3106209
Questions? Call 650-366-6597 ext. 225 or email Georgia Savoca at Georgia@rtpeninsula.org with “Stock Gift” in the subject line of your email.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
When individuals take distributions from their IRAs, it usually counts as income for tax purposes. Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs), also called IRA Charitable Rollovers, are an exception. Individuals 70½ year of age or older can distribute up to $100,000 each year from their IRAs to their favorite 501(c)(3) organizations without counting the distribution as income.
QCDs, are the savviest way for individuals age 70.5 or older to use their IRAs to maximize their charitable impact.
Whether you want to make a QCD gift to RTP today, request a tax acknowledgement letter for a gift already made, or just learn more about QCDs, please contact us for more information.
Gifts Of Materials
Through our Construction Materials Recycling Program, we accept donations of new, gently used, and reusable construction materials. This helps prevent usable materials from ending up in landfills by recycling them in the homes and facilities of our clients. Please keep in mind that we have limited space and labor, which means that all materials donations must be evaluated before we can accept them.
Donations are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Large appliances: Must be less than three years old and energy-efficient; no garbage disposals are accepted.
- Bathroom fixtures: Only tubs, sinks, showers, and new (low-flow) toilets are accepted in March and April.
- Cabinets: Only new or gently used complete cabinet units are accepted in March and April; units must include doors, shelving, and hardware.
- Electrical fixtures: We will take new outlets, switches, compact fluorescent bulbs, fluorescent ballasts, and fixtures; however, we do not accept electrical parts.
- Flooring: We consider new vinyl flooring and tile remnants, providing the tile is larger than 4 inches by 6 inches; new carpet must be clean, with no holes, and sufficient to cover a room of at least 12 feet by 12 feet.
- Hardware: We can accept door lever handles, cabinet hardware, gate latches/turnbuckle eye-and-eye, nails, and screws, providing they are new or like new and rust-free.
- Lumber: Full lengths must be at least 8 feet long; we also accept full sheets of nail- and paint-free plywood, trex, and sheetrock.
- Paint: Must be new and unopened in neutral colors with case quantities of 10 gallons or more.
- Safety: We will take grab bars in good condition, water heater straps, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, handrail materials, ramp materials, and bathtub or toilet accessibility aids.
- Tools: Hand and power tools are accepted if they are clean and in working condition.
We do not accept doors, furnaces, mirrors or glass, pipes (pvc, copper, or other), roofing or gutters, screens, wallpaper, water heaters, or windows. The following organizations may accept these items:
- Community Thrift Store, 623 Valencia St., San Francisco
- Building Resources, 701 Amador St., San Francisco
- Facebook: Buy Nothing Project
Donate A Vehicle
We accept car, boat, RV, and motorcycle donations via Car Donation Services, which is bonded and registered with the California Attorney General’s Office, Reg. No CF 1273. For more information, contact Car Donation Services at 1.888.686.4483 or click here to donate directly.
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to a charitable organization of your choice if you shop at smile.amazon.com. To select Rebuilding Together Peninsula as the recipient of your AmazonSmile donation, simply use this URL to do your online shopping, or visit smile.amazon.com and select Rebuilding Together Peninsula as your charitable organization.
“I am forwarding (a donation) in greatest appreciation of the help I received from Rebuilding Together Peninsula, which has allowed me, a senior, to remain in my mobile home. Best of luck in your fundraising efforts.”